WHAT IS S.O.L.V.E.S.?
• S.O.L.V.E.S. presents an interesting twist on an organizational design framework known in academia as Contextual Ambidexterity. Reframed as Systemic Balance,
• S.O.L.V.E.S. presents a six-step process of how a company can discover emerging demand for—and successfully deliver—a new Market Offering (“M.O.”).
Based on the strategic decisions of several large well-known organizations, the author, Alexandro Armour, shows that balancing the exploitation of current capabilities and the exploration of future capabilities can lead to phenomenal growth, where the lack thereof can lead to ultimate detriment.
• S.O.L.V.E.S. presents a systematic approach to balancing the levers of exploitation and exploration to ensure successful outcomes.
WHY USE S.O.L.V.E.S.?
S.O.L.V.E.S. WILL SHOW YOU:
• WHAT is distinctive about S.O.L.V.E.S. as a foundation for innovation
• HOW is S.O.L.V.E.S. different from a classic organization strategy
• WHEN to cut bait on an idea or when to continue towards scale
• WHERE the lack of internal resources doesn’t necessarily stifle scale
• HOW to reconstruct the perspective of innovation and strategic planning
• WHY you need to keep a watchful eye on the future
• HOW to reach beyond existing capabilities to create the future you want
HOW TO USE S.O.L.V.E.S.
Utilize the S.O.L.V.E.S. Worksheets below to apply a systematic approach to balance the levers of exploitation and exploration to ensure successful outcomes.